You can expect a rescue dog that:
- has been socialised with people
- has interacted with dogs, age permitted
- is learning dog manners (sit, wait, no jumping)
- has all vet work (desexed, vaccination, microchip) completed
- has lived in a family setting, usually indoor/outdoors
- has been flea treated and intestinal wormed
Friendly K9 Rescue is only a phone call away should you have any questions. You can expect:
- Non judgemental
- Prompt reply to enquiries
- Flexible times to meet dog
- General knowledge on dog
- A positive experience
- A family friendly environment
- Complete Adoption Application
- Provide pictures through email, messenger or phone – of yard, including fences, shade, sleeping arrangements
- A representative from FK9R will call you
NOTE: Applications are approved at Friendly K9 Rescue’s discretion
- Family and current dog will need to meet the dog you are wishing to adopt.
- All paperwork is completed at time of adoption, but will not be submitted to council until confirm intent to proceed with adoption.
- The adoption fee is payable into FK9R bank account prior to commencement of trial.
- There is a 2 week trial period with dogs over the age of 6 months to ensure compatibility for humans and dogs.
- We ask that the dog comes into your home when you have 2 days to settle him/her into a new environment.
- Each rescue dog is microchipped in the name of Friendly K9 Rescue and will be transferred after 2 weeks, when adoption is official.